Sunday, August 8, 2010

Our Trip To The Washington Coast: DAY 7 "Apparently, We Choose Memories Over Things"

We left Ocean Shores this morning. It was sad to go. Our vacation went by way too quickly… plus it meant that we had to get back into the car again-- for the next 3 days (uuuuggghhhh!) I don’t necessarily like the “car time”, but I sure enjoy making memories with my family. I wish we had money to go on vacations together more often. It costs WAY too much to travel with a family this size. We cut costs where we could (I don’t think anyone will want a ham and cheese sandwich for quite some time). It took a REALLY long time to save the money we needed on this trip (it was supposed to be used for a new couch ). It cost a lot, but it was worth it-- hopefully I will remember that as I sit on our old couch for the next few years.



A nuclear power plant

A very windy park in Morton, WA-- where we ate lunch.


Mount Rainier

>

We drove all day, and ended in Yakima, WA. We stayed at the Fairfield. They earned a 9 overall (we bumped them up 1 point for having a Book of Mormon in the room drawer), and the free breakfast got a 10. It was also the only hotel so far with HBO. Incidentally, it was also the most expensive hotel-- you get what you pay for.

1 comment:

aubrey said...

Looking at your pictures of Washington, especially Mt. Rainier made me a little homesick. When I was a little kid a road trip to Mt. Rainier WAS our family vacation. I grew up close to Yakima in Kennewick, WA. I bet you wished you could live there when you drove through...right? Ya...I didn't think so. But the rivers were fun for boating.