The church was unlocked, because the young men and young women were meeting there for an activity-- this was a blessing because the girls and I were able to use the restroom in the church. The boys, on the other hand, chose to pee on a fence pole (I don’t understand the novelty in peeing outside… but apparently it was pretty fun for the boys). I asked Ryan if he would change Creed while I took the girls into the church. When I returned, the boys were laughing because Creed had peed all over during the diaper change. Ryan headed over to the bathroom at the church-- only to discover that the young men and women had left, and the church was locked. I won’t tell you where Ryan ended up going, but I will say that on the way out of town, we had to laugh when we realized that ALL of the DeGraw boys left there mark in Jerome.
After a couple hundred more miles, and at least that many more “Are we there yet?“s, We rolled into Ontario, Oregon around 3:30. We spent the rest of the evening eating, swimming, and watching movies. The family gave the hotel (Holiday Inn Express) a 7 on the DeGraw Travelometer. We gave the free breakfast an 8 (although we should give them a 10, simply because we owe it to them after taking half their food, and stinking up the place with a piece of toast that got burnt to a CRISP).

No comments:
Post a Comment