The first day of school is usually a big swirl of emotions at my house-- tears, anxiety, sentimentality, and dread-- and thats just me. My kids, on the other hand, are filled with pure excitement. I can't believe how quickly they are growing up. They all looked so good in their new school clothes.
Cameron is now in the 6th grade. His teacher is Mrs. Kirkpatrick. He is getting so tall, and can be very mature-- when he wants to be.
Kyle is in the 4th grade. He loves his new teacher, Mrs. Hayes. He is such a social bug. He can roll with the big boys, but really likes playing with the girls in his class more.
Kailani is in the 2nd grade, and has Mrs. Andrus. She is such a helper. She is always very aware of what is going on around her, and enjoys being able to "control" every situation (I can't imagine where she inherited that trait from???)
Karen gets to stay home with me for another year. We have fun together. She likes having "mom time", and I enjoy my "karen time". She likes helping me with Creed, or anything else I need. She set the kids snacks out on the first day, and was very excited to have them return home.
Karen and I also decorated the house with these giant bumble bees, and a bunch of balloons that said things like "Bee Smart" Bee a Friend" "Bee Clean" "Bee a Leader". The kids were so excited when they saw them.

No comments:
Post a Comment