Saturday, August 28, 2010

The Last Day of Summer

We had a great summer. It went by so fast-- too fast! On the day before school started, we partied hard (well, as hard as you can with a tired Mother and 5 children)! We spent the morning playing games, watching movies, and lounging around. After lunch we went to "Celebrate Youth" at Porter Park. We enjoyed popcorn, popcicles, games, and prizes. It was so fun. Kailani did the climbing wall this year. I was really proud of her. Karen was really excited about winning at the game booths. Kyle enjoyed the bouncy toys. Cameron was mostly interensted in socializing with his old middle school friends. It is amazing how quickly children change. It seems like just last year Cameron was playing all the "baby" games, and Kailani wouldn't have even considered the climbing wall. I am proud of my children for the "little grown ups" they are becoming... but I sure wish they would stay tiny for just a bit longer. It was a fun (and long)day. GrEaT end to a GrEaT Summer!





PS--Creed was SO good. He was happy the entire time.

No comments: