Saturday, January 3, 2015

Spring Ballroom Recital

I love watching my children dance! This recital is always a L-O-N-G day of rehearsal, running all over, shuttling kids, costume changes, squeezing in times for lunch and dinner (which I forgot this year), saving our seats, making sure kids don't miss their stage time, and so on. It was even trickier doing it with a baby in tow. We really missed my parents coming this year (for them to see the show, but also for the extra hands). Karen even used my phone to send a text to my Mother that I didn't find until a few days later. It said something like, "I miss you. My mom needs help. -Karen"

Cameron danced to Mambo Italiano and a Disco Medley. It is so fun to watch him dance. He has a natural posture that causes him to carry himself like a dancer.


Love that smile!


Kyle danced to Almost There (from the Frog Princess), a Rock Medley that KB really loved, and Spiderman. Kyle was a police officer in that one. It was a Lindy Hop, and really fun. When Kyle dances, he glows.



Rocking out on an air guitar!



Kailani loves to dance. It is so fun to watch her come home from practice and show me what she learned. This year she danced in Greased Lightening. She was so happy to have our neighbor, Anthony Kelley, as her partner. He is older, and knew the dance well. She also danced in Burn Baby Burn.

So happy!

Karen's dance this year was the Lone Ranger. She was SO HAPPY to not have a wig as a part of her costume this year. She even got to dance in bare feet, which -- if you know Karen and her picky-ness when it comes to footwear-- was a blessing all around. I think she made a pretty cute Indian.


I took these at the end of a gazillion-hour day, and she was very gracious to let me take her picture when all we really wanted to do was go home.


No comments: