Wednesday, January 14, 2015

First Day of School ... Back To Life, Back to Reality!

The first day of school-- not my favorite day. I make sure Im happy for my children (in fact, I think they would be surprised to know how sad this day makes me each year). I had a sweet friend, who knows me well, surprise me with some cookies. It makes me happy to see how excited they get. I am terribly grateful for the opportunity that my children have to go to school and learn new things. I think it just serves as a tangible reminder of how quickly my children are growing up. 

Karen started the 3rd grade. She has a few friends in her class, and really likes her teacher this year.
Love this little sassy-pants.


We were so lucky to have Grandma with us for the first day. She made breakfast, and helped get the kids delivered/sent off. I always like to take all of my children on the first day (and walk the little ones to their class). I don't know how I would have done it all without her. 
 Kailani is in the 6th grade. It is her last year at the middle school.She loves learning, and was really excited to get back into the school groove.


 Kyle is in the 8th grade. He makes me smile. He loves the social aspect of school. He is smart (too smart), and I think he sometimes gets bored with the pace of the classes. He likes learning NEW things.

 Cameron is in the 10th grade. A SOPHOMORE! It doesn't seem like that long ago that I was a Sophomore. Luckily Cam is a lot cooler kid than I was. He seemed confident and excited for the new experience.

Creed didn't start pre-school for a couple more weeks. I've been so proud of him. He doesn't like being away from his Mother, and I was worried about if he would go or not. He has been so good about going. He really likes snack and the sensory table. 


Silly Monkey!

No comments: