Friday, January 9, 2015

4th of July 2014

The beginning of July, Cameron got his wisdom teeth out. He did really well. He was pretty loopy when we first picked him up from the oral surgeon's office. He made his brothers and sisters laugh. I was super grossed out by the bloody gauze we had to change and the irrigating the sockets... YUCK! I pride myself on being pretty tough when it comes to the gross stuff. I've taken my kids to the ER with open gashes, sliced fingers, and broken bones. I've seen seeping gun shot wounds, and other disturbing sights. But it wasn't until I saw them irrigate the gaping sockets at the doctors that I almost passed out (for the first time in my life). Mouth stuff is not my forte. 

Chipmunk cheeks
Karen had an art piece chosen from hundreds of entries to be featured at the Hemming Village art show. It was up for an entire month, and she got to attend a special banquet.


The fourth of July parade is one of the many reasons I love this little town of mine. It was so fun to see everyone dressed in their red, white, and blue. Kyle, Kailani, and Karen were all in the parade this year with their Ballroom Academy. It was a fun experience for them.

We sat right by the free sno-cone stand!

Gracie at 7 months!


Karen is right in the middle. She is wearing some little denim shorts under her cheerleader skirt.

Kyle is near the back. He is wearing blue plaid shorts.

Kailani is right in the middle with the black leggings.
That night we celebrated with a neighborhood firework show, and treats. It was a really great day!

No comments: