Friday, January 2, 2015

How to Kill a Blog...

You may, or may not have noticed I've been MIA the past 7 months. In June, I was called as my ward's new Relief Society President, and my all ready crazy life got even crazier.  It has been quite a ride so far. This calling puts me out of my comfort zone constantly. In just the past 7 months, I feel like I've grown into a new person as a result of my experiences.  I've seen heart-breaking things, infuriating things, and quite a few hilarious things. (I've got a section in my personal journal titled, "Adventures of a Young Relief Society President" where I record a few of my adventures... I anticipate there will be quite a few more entries in the next couple of years).  I've spent countless nights losing sleep because of worry. (On a completely related note: I had a great great grandmother die from an ulcer that she earned as the result of being the relief society president. Tuck that in my back pocket to think about when my phone is ringing off the hook).  I have witnessed so many acts of charity. My love has grown exponentially for the Sisters in my ward, my sweet children and amazing husband, and most of all my Savior and Heavenly Father. I can honestly say that I am grateful for my calling. I love many things about it. I am astounded by the blessings I've been given.





My counselors are 1st- Raygon Hymas, 2nd- Mindi Thiebaud, and Secretary- Jodi Rarick. The Bishop is Nathan Meeker. I am the 2nd Relief Society President this ward has ever had-- which is kind of cool. I'm grateful for Heavenly Father's guiding hand. I've felt His help many times-- which I'm certain is the only thing keeping my from accidentally bringing the entire Relief Society program to a screeching halt.

No comments: