Saturday, January 3, 2015

Cabin Trip Spring 2014

The end of May (24th-26th) we went up to the cabin in Island Park to help my Dad open the cabin. This is one of my favorite traditions. I love the cabin in the spring... well, I love it all year, but it is especially beautiful when everything is starting to come alive and turn green. In years past, it has been very snowy, but this year is was perfect!
Hot dog roast.


Ivy



I've sat and looked at this view hundreds of times over the past 30+ years, and it is still breath-taking to me.




A wild game of Horseshoes.









I am so grateful that my children have had the opportunity to experience the beauty of this peaceful place. Every time I am at the cabin, I feel like it rejuvenates my spirit. I always find myself relishing in our secluded family alone time, and thinking, "I could live like this." I don't know when the next time I will get the chance to go to the cabin will be, but I am thankful I got to spend a couple perfect days there.

No comments: