Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Does This Make Me Look Fat?

Here are a few pictures from the first half of this pregnancy and my ever-growing belly...

I'm not a huge fan of having my picture taken-- especially posing pictures. Uhhhhgggg!
10 weeks pregnant

14 Weeks Pregnant

22 Weeks Pregnant


27 Weeks Pregnant
With this pregnancy...
*I was sick and throwing up constantly through the first 3 months, parts of the 2nd 3 months, and every once in a while even still... especially if I eat waffles.
*In the beginning, I craved Costa Vida sweet pork salad. If I could have afforded it, I would have eaten it every day. I must have ate it too much during the time I was feeling yucky, because now, the thought of it makes me feel sick.
*I have exercised most every morning. Most mornings I jog 2-3 miles. I have to wear a lovely belly-band when I run, but it has been nice to stay active (although it has been considerably more difficult this last 3rd of the pregnancy.)
*My children are so excited, and love to talk to my belly and say good-night to the baby.
*I went into labor at 26 weeks, due to a severe kidney infection, and had to have contractions stopped.
* I have a 2-vessel umbilical cord (as opposed to the normal 3 vessels). This only happens in about 1% of pregnancies. As a result, I had to go see a perinatologist for a fetal echo cardiogram. Everything looked absolutely perfect. I will be monitored pretty closely this last trimester, and the baby will most likely be smaller than my others. It has been fun to see the baby so many times this pregnancy.
*My biggest discomfort has been sharp round ligament pains... ouch! Around 20 weeks, I pulled those ligaments while running (before I got the belly band), and they have been pretty weak ever since.
*My biggest delight has been watching my stretched skin on my belly roll and move. It fascinates me!

I honestly can't believe how fast this pregnancy is going by. I only have 10 more weeks to go! I find myself trying to memorize every moment. I don't want to forget how it feels when the baby rolls or kicks or stretches. I want to remember what those tiny hiccups feel like. I enjoy so much about being pregnant-- but my favorite part is the feeling of working hand-in-hand with Heavenly Father to create this little piece of heaven.



3 comments:

Delia D'Nell said...

Hello SKINNY! Seriously, you look great!!!

aubrey said...

You look so beautiful Kristen!! I'm going to live vicariously through you on this pregnancy! Loved watching the belly roll with each pregancy. Love you to bits! Aub

Alison said...

You look simply amazing Kristen! And you will love reading back over this in the years to come. I love how you express your thoughts so well. I wish I was so talented! Congratulations again!!