| Karen and I made these teddy bear favor bags for everyone. |
When the guests first arrived, we had them color some teddy bear paper dolls. I was really surprised that ALL of the girls came that were invited!
Next, we went on a bear scavenger hunt. The girls were each given a list of teddy bears (like Yellow bear, Santa bear, creepy bear, princess bear, etc.) to find. The first one to find them all won.
| This was the "police bear" |
Of course we opened gifts. Karen's friends were very generous and she got a lot of fun things. She really liked the bracelet sets, the stuffed koala bear, the barbies, and the giant beach ball.
| It was so fun to have her cousin Bailey come. |
It was a really fun afternoon, but a little on the crazy side. When the children asked to go to the park that night at 7:00, it was the last thing in the world I felt like doing, but I wanted to give them a little time with "fun and relaxed mommy" as opposed to the "frazzled party-crazed mommy" that they had spent the day dealing with. I was glad I went. As I sat on the soft cool grass, and felt the cool night breeze while my children laughed and played-- I felt perfect contentment. It was one of those moments where time seemed to stand still and all is right in the world. When it was time to go, I was gathering up our things... that was when I heard it... Karen screamed "Mommy!" in the most agonized cry I've ever heard. I turned to see her hobbling toward me with her arm hanging at her side. It looked like it wasn't even connected to her body anymore. I knew immediately that something was broken. I called Ryan and asked him to pick us up. I took Karen straight to Urgent Care. Every little bump and turn on the drive there sent her into a fit of tears. Once we were there, she got x-rays and discovered that she had completely snapped her clavicle. It was horrible to see my little sweetheart hurting so bad and not have any power to make it right. She is doing a little better every day, although she is still hurting pretty bad. I hope that it heals quickly, and properly. Poor little broken dolly!

3 comments:
Oh my goodness! Poor girl!! I hope she is feeling better.
And, um, amazing party!!!! Love all the cute bear treats. And 20 girls?!!! You are SuPeRmom!!!
Can we just move back next door to you and be forever neighbors???
Again as I stroll back through the pictures I am flabbergasted at how adorable the whole party was. ADORABLE!!!
WOW! Well done! That party looks like a lot of fun...for the kids! I guess that's what its all for. 8-years old!!!
Post a Comment