Monday, October 31, 2011

October 2011

October? Where have you gone? Was it something we said?
This month was crazy busy, but good busy. Here are a few of the highlights (believe it or not this is the condensed version):

*The children had a week off school for Harvest Break. It was so fun to have them home. We enjoyed relaxing, playing together, and best of all... NO HOMEWORK!
We used painter's tape to make roads and parking lots on the kitchen floor. The children loved this, and played for days!


*We went with my Dad to help close up the cabin. It was the day after a snowstorm, which made for a chilly adventure. The Autumn leaves were so gorgeous. I LOVE the cabin. When I stepped inside, I took a big deep breath. I love how the cabin smells. It stirs so many wonderful memories. I started to cry. My Grandpa Bud built that cabin. It felt like he was supposed to be there.  I miss him.  It was nice to be there. I sure hope someday my children step into the cabin and breathe it in with the same love and tenderness that I do.





*We went to my new little niece, Bailey's blessing. It was such a fun day, spent with family. Isn't she absolutely adorable?





 *We carved jack-o-lanterns (and watched Harry Potter for the gazillionth time). The children did them almost entirely on their own.






* Lastly, we got tired of people mistaking Creed for a girl, and gave him a much needed haircut (you know you were thinking it).
Before

After (I know it still looks long, but it was as much as I could part with at this time!)

3 comments:

Kirsten said...

LOVED the updates! Congrats on the 5,000 days! Creed is adorable! And I can't believe how big the kids are getting!

Christie said...

Your kids are so adorable, your family updates are so fun. Creed's haircut is so cute, he's such a happy, happy boy!
I had so much fun with you last night, I just love absolutely everything about you! So, so glad we're friends.
xoxo
P.S.
Are there too many commas in my run-on sentences? Hahaha

Doug and Amanda Bailey said...

Fun pumpkins adorable kids! It would be hard to cut that hair! Sweet new niece, great name! What a great mommy you are!