Sunday, November 6, 2011

Halloween 2011

Halloween is one of my favorite holidays, and this year didn't disappoint. It is always so fun to see how thrilled my children are with their costumes, trick-or-treating, and the candy smorgasbord that follows.
Creed as a cute little frog

Karen as Dorothy (don't make the terrible mistake of calling her Alice in Wonderland)

Kailani a a bright clown

Kyle as a ranger

Cameron had a hard time deciding if he wanted to go trick-or-treating or not. At the last minute, he decided to dress up like a dementor, but just to take Creed around, not to trick or treat. He looked really good, but I didn't get a picture.

Another thing I wish I would have gotten a picture of was me in my non-costume. I dressed up as a witch earlier in the day (and looked pretty darn good if I do say so)! However, because it was so cold, I took off my costume, and wore my regular clothes to trunk-or-treat. I had on my flower ear muff to keep my ears warm. It looks like this:
And, I happened to be wearing my new glasses that look like this:
I don't know if it is because the glasses are a little crazy, or if it was simply the combination of the headband and glasses, but I was repeatedly asked what I was dressed up as.  I would smile and say, "Just me." It was funny at first... but in the end, I was becoming rather self-conscious. In fact, as we were leaving, a friend of mine said, "Hello" to which I quickly blurted out, "This isn't a costume."

1 comment:

Doug and Amanda Bailey said...

HAHAHAHA! Oh, that made me laugh! I was a pumpkin, and was told by several neighbor kids that pumpkins don't have pig-tails...yes it is the only day a year I can wear pig-tails and not feel too self-conscious about it. I like your headband and your glasses, "just you" is perfect!