Monday, October 3, 2011

Karen's Birthday

The end of August, Karen turned 6 (although she thinks she is 16).  She is so anxious to grow up. Just yesterday we were in Wal-mart, and I heard her say, "Oh! I can't wait to be a mother!" I asked her why she wanted to be a mommy so bad? She said, "Because then I can push the cart and buy whatever I want!" She is in Kindergarten, and is such a little girly-girl! On the first day of school, she was so annoyed with her teacher for making her wear an ugly name tag over her cute outfit. For her birthday, she wanted a cell phone and a camera... oh, and to pick out everyone's outfit for the day (I should have got a picture of the dress and jewelry I had to wear all day)!!! What happened to wanting little girl toys??? Needless to say, she didn't get a cellphone. She got a lot of books, and a silky nightgown, some polly pockets, and a barbie movie... and... a camera.



Karen wanted a pink cake with roses.

I love this picture. I think it is so sweet that Ryan held Karen's braids for her to blow out the candles. He sure treats his girls with a lot of TLC.

Karen loves anything pink, anything sparkly, anything flowery. She is always willing to be my little shopping partner. She loves to help me cook, and is one of the best cleaners I have. She is sweet and sassy at the same time. I sure love her, and I am so glad to have her in our family!

1 comment:

Chris and Kim said...

Karen and my Aspen would get along perfect. Everything is about what she is wearing, she changes her clothes for whatever or where we are going - even if it is just to the store!! Loves painting nails, wants to wear make up like big sister.