Monday, October 3, 2011

We've Got Spirit, Yes We Do!!!

This past week, Kyle had spirit week at his school. Each day was a specific dress-up theme.  Cameron had spirit week too, but he was not about to dress up and go to school looking anything other than completely and utterly normal.  Honestly, I think that kid would rather fake sick than go to school dressed as his favorite book character! Gotta love that kid! It was really fun to see Kyle's excitement as he prepared his outfit for each day. Here is the rundown of the week...

Monday:
KB forgot it was spirit week until he got to school and saw all the other kids wearing their clothes backwards. This would be enough to take the wind out of most kids' sail, but not my Kyle! He quickly went into the bathroom and switched all his clothes around. Prest-o-change-o... school spirit!

Tuesday:
Crazy Hair day! Here is Kyle with his friend, Alec.
And... I washed my hair on Tuesday. Anyone who knows me well, knows that every time I wash my hair, it could be classified as "crazy hair day"! Here I am supporting spirit week too.

Wednesday:
Twin day! Kyle came home pretty worried on Tuesday, because he didn't have anyone to be a "twin" with. He runs around with a group of girls at school, and all his manly friends are in other classes. We were in a pickle, until we came up with "mini-kyle". Every time I thought about Kyle  and his "finger-twin", I had to laugh. Kyle is a good sport, and has just the charismatic personality to pull it off. (I, on the other hand, would have probably earned the year-long reputation of the weird girl who carries her imaginary friend in her pocket.)

Thursday:
80's Day! At first, I thought, "Easy! I remember the 80's... jelly bracelets, side ponytails, big bangs, tied-in-a-knot neon t-shirts" Then, I remembered that Kyle is a boy! After a little time on google, I think we came up with an outfit that was totally rad! Kyle said, "Man, My outfit is way better today than yesterday!"  We joked (and laughed pretty hard about dressing up his "finger twin" in a matching 80's outfit, but decided that would be a little too over the top (not to mention, enough to give even the coolest kid the reputation of 'weird boy who carries his imaginary friend in his pocket').
Friday:
Spirit day. All of the kids wore red (and a lot of it)... well, all of the kids except Cameron, he wore blue--  because he didn't want to stick out!

4 comments:

aubrey said...

Kyle's friend Alec looks like a man child. Too cute! I love the twin on the finger. So creative and what a sport.

Julie said...

Ha ha ha! Can't stop laughing at this post. Ah where to start. Love the 80s look. The flat top is great. Funny Kyle forgot about spirit week but was quick to jump in game. The twin is sooo good. Too bad he had to stay home for 80s day. All bet he would have loved being a part of that day. And finally, hilarious that cam wore blue in hopes of blending in on red day.

Christie said...

Amazing spirit! SUPER fun!
Gotta say...Love you're crazy hair photo too! You're such a fun mom!

Unknown said...

So fun! You are such a creative mom; I LOVE the mini-twin idea!