I
L.O.V.E. Saturday chores!-- However, I am the
only one who happens to love this weekly regiment. Even though we do it every week... the children still act like it is Big-Fat-Surprising-News to them when I announce that we will be spending sometime cleaning before we start the days festivities. Reactions vary each Saturday. Sometimes everyone
happily does what they are asked, in order to get on to the fun stuff for the day. (This is actually the case most Saturdays-- and I truly enjoy working together as a family). Sometimes the children
grumpily comply-- in order to get on to the fun stuff for the day. And... sometimes, I face a flat out
revolt... which means that there is quite a delay in the fun stuff for the day! I don't enjoy crackin' the whip--- but I DO enjoy a clean house. And, I DO enjoy having some assistance in getting to that point-- thus the need for Saturday chores! Can you guess who the dissenter was on this particualr Saturday? Here is a clue: he is displaying the 2 pieces of garbage that he picked up... in the hour or so that we all worked. Lucky for him, he has that cute little face. :)



In Kyle's defense, there are many Saturdays that he is my best assistant. He just wasn't feeling it this particular morning!
2 comments:
I just had to tell you that I love this post. So true! I love it!
Love it-- just be happy they haven't figured out my the stunt I liked to pull... I think you will remember it well. Find someone in the family who has "hurt my feelings" just as the cleaning starts. Act offended and run up to my room until all of the cleaning is done. Come to think of it- I still like to play that card every so often!
Post a Comment