
Anybody who truly knows me, knows that I am a mild germ-a-phobe. I don't know when this fear of germs started (I am sure that my Mother probably has a few stories to share from my elementary years), but I think it has gotten worse as I have gotten older. I go a tad nutty when I feel like my hands are germy. I am a major supporter of the hand sanitizer industry. I can't stand how my children smell when they come home from school. I HATE being breathed on. And... I have been known to discreetly change seats at church when I realize I am sitting by someone who is sick. Do I need some form of treatment... probably. However, a couple of years ago I saw a show about treating people with irrational germ fears-- and they made the patients lick a public toilet seat-- I decided then that I would NOT be signing up for medical intervention any time soon.

While this small problem is quite manageable most of the time... I will be the first to admit that the protective instincts that come with having a new baby, nudge me from the category of "run-of-the-mill germ hater" to more of a borderline lunatic. This past week, my entire family has come down with a bad cold-- poor little sweethearts. I am praying that they get over it before the baby is born. Otherwise, I will be stocking up on some of these...

and these...

and maybe even these...

I would be lying if I said the thought hasn't seriously crossed my mind. :)

3 comments:
Oh Amen! I am that way too, and Adam is even worse than I am. I am always afraid of offending people if they are sick around me, but in reality...I don't think they should be hanging around people anyway when they are sick. We had someone come to our house 2 Sundays ago and didn't tell us they were sick. They were playing on our computer and all over our house, THEN it comes out that they have had a pretty bad head cold annnnd now they have pneumonia! HELLO! Seriously? Of course Adam got it and just yesterday poor Brennon got it too. We are supposed to be leaving to New York in 3 days and I do not want to make that flight with a sick teething baby. Oh brother...why can't people just stay home when they are sick?!?
p.s, I can't wait for baby DeGraw to come. Can we bring you dinner sometime?
Well, I have all of them in my stash at home (you think I jest.....I'm not)
I am the ultimate germaphob and dang proud of it.
I can't use the salt and pepper shakers in restaurants. I have to use a clean napkin just to pick them up. (think about people licking their fingers and then picking up the S&P...GAG)
Hope they get feeling better soon.
When is the big day? You don't even look preggers yet!
Oh, by the way.....I'm coming over to make sure you get that toilet clean! For the love!
DISGUSTING!
Post a Comment