Mother's Day always brings mixed emotions for me. It is a day that always makes me feel happy-- yet always causes me a tinge of sadness.
Happy, because I love being a Mother. I was born to be a Mother. My children are my most precious gift.
Happy, because I recognize the increased growth and understanding of eternal principles that Motherhood has taught me.
Happy, because I love my Mother, and my Grandmothers. They deserve to be loved and honored. On the other hand...
sad, because I am not always the Mother that I wish I could be (not even close).
Sad, because I believe that my children deserve so much better than they were given (for a Mother). And,
sad, because my children are growing up too quickly, and I am forced to reflect on how this is a fleeting stage in my life-- a stage that is passing too quickly.
It was a good day. In church, there were some excellent talks, and delicious chocolates. After church, I enjoyed spending time with my favorite people, eating one of my favorite meals, and being showered with gifts. I am very blessed!
I got this...

and this...

and this...

But, even better-- I got loads of these...

And, even got to take one of these... (a rare luxury in my life)

One thing is for sure, I feel tremendously blessed to have the children that I do. They amaze me. They bring me immense joy. I am so grateful to be home with them each day. I love spending every second with them, and wouldn't want my life any other way. They are so special.
No comments:
Post a Comment