Thursday, May 20, 2010

My Greatest Treasures!


I am 38 weeks pregnant. I got to have an ultrasound at my appointment yesterday. It is a close up of the baby's face. You can see a cute little profile (aren't those little lips so adorable?).
During the ultrasound, the technician pointed out hair on the baby's head. My babies are always born bald-- so I am certain this hair will probably be gone by the time this baby makes its debut-- but seeing that little tiny hairy head made my heart swoon. It is a difficult emotion to put into words. I honestly didn't think I could have another ounce of love for this baby. However, just seeing something as simple as hair made my heart swell with such deep and profound love for this sweet baby. "Mother's Love" amazes me. I think it is about as close to "Heavenly Love" as you can get.
I thought back on my other babies being born, and how much I loved them before I ever saw them. That love has deepened so much, as I have had the privilege of being their Mother. I feel so blessed and I am excited to get to know our new baby, and all of it's little traits.

This is Cameron:


This is Kyle:


Here is Kailani:


And, this is Karen:


Each child that Ryan and I have been privileged to have placed in our trust, has brought with it such indescribable joy and blessings. These truly are my most precious treasures!

2 comments:

Doug and Amanda Bailey said...

They are all beautiful!

Chris and Kim said...

You got me all teary eyed reading this. It is a wonderful blessing to know how blessed we are as parents to have these wonderful children in our home. Enjoy the last few weeks of having the baby inside of you it is priceless.