Wednesday, June 5, 2013

One Year Older and Wiser Too!


Creed is 3 years old! Woooo Hoooo! He is so fun to watch grow. I can honestly say that I have enjoyed every single day with this boy. I feel so privileged-- in a deep and literal sense of the word--  to be his Mother. For a long time, before Creed was born, we didn't know if we were going to ever be able to have another baby.  After the miscarriages we experienced, my heart was fragile, and didn't feel whole. I NEEDED Creed to heal my heart. The instant I held that sweet little boy, my heart was fixed. I cant fully express how deeply I needed him, and how profoundly thankful I am for his presence in my life. Each stage, new experience, smile, laugh, milestone and sweet little phrase is something I treasure. Oh how I love him!
He has been so excited for his birthday, and has been asking for MONTHS if it is June yet? This morning, upon hearing that it was his birthday, he popped up and eagerly ran into the front room to find his gifts. He was so cute. My favorite was in the middle of gift opening when he stopped and in grateful awe said, "Thanks Dad!" and "Thank you Mom."





Creed played with his new Cars toys and rode his new bike in the morning. After lunch, we had planned on going to the carousel for the main birthday activity. Unfortunately, Rexburg had a major power outage (which occurred on our drive from our home to the park). The carousel was out-- but they did allow Creed to sit on a horse or two. As a plan B, we decided to go to McDonald's for some Ice Cream. We drove across town-- which was more treacherous than expected due to some traffic lights that were out (Seriously! some people had no idea what to do with no green light to tell them when to go. I think there is a poor girl who might still be waiting there for all I know.) When we got to McDonald's, they were closed... no power.  We drove home feeling a tad discouraged, until we remembered Creed's new sprinkler toy that he got. The children had lots of fun playing in the yard.













 Creed had a lot of visions of grandeur as to what type of cake he wanted. It was actually becoming a source of stress for me as I wondered how I was going to satisfy his grand designs. We finally decided on a monster cake. It didn't turn out exactly how I had imagined it (it never does), but Creed seemed thrilled with the results-- so I was happy with it.



Just a little taste testing.


The whole day was filled with so many glimpses of pure joy on this little fella's face. 



Happy 3rd birthday, my sweet little joke-cracking, tag-a-long, cuddle in the morning, cuddle in the night, movie-loving, high-five giving buddy boy! I love you so much.



6 comments:

Karen and Brent said...

happy birthday to a sweetheart boy. Looks like he had a GREAT day.

Michelle said...

Too stinkin' cute! Its a bummer that so many things were closed and didn't work out, but I am glad you made the best of things and that everyone had a great day regardless. (That's one of the many things I really admire about you Kristen you're always so good at noticing the small things that make every situation fun, funny, and beautiful.) Love you guys.

Amy said...

I love all the pictures!

Brian & Carol said...

Your cake looks awesome! I'm thinking that you will have to make my kids' cakes! Looks like he had a great birthday! Love you guys!

Unknown said...

So sweet! I love how you often share the feelings of your heart that make life interesting. THank you for sharing your special bond with Creed!

Chris and Kim said...

What a cutie! I love the close up picture and his blue, blue eyes!!