Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Kyle's 12th Birthday Party

Kyle has had a tight knit little group of friends for about 5 years now. They are really the nicest kids imaginable, and it makes me so happy that KB has found a soft and comfortable place to be himself. I hope that they can all navigate the dreaded "awkward phase" successfully and remain a strong little group of friends.


I promised Kyle that he could have a friend party for his 12th birthday. So... almost 2 months after his birthday, we finally got around to it (cuz lately, that's how we roll around here).

We decided to take all of the kids to the theater to see OZ-- The Great and Powerful. It was a fun movie-- a little scary in a couple parts, but definitely appropriate for a group of 12 year olds. After the movie, we brought the posse back to our house for a smorgasbord of junk food, and opening gifts.




It was hilarious to sit and listen to this little group of friends chat. I felt like I got a glimpse of what their lunch break was like every day.  A lot of laughing, talking over each other, and funny stories.  It was absolutely delightful.


1 comment:

Michelle said...

Looks like a lot of fun! It is nice to hear that Kyle has a great group of friends.