Our first full day there was a Sunday-- so we headed to church a 1/2 hour away. It was PACKED. My boys (including Ryan) all passed the sacrament. It took 27 minutes from start to finish. I wish they would have announced the count, because the 2 church houses were packed. I had to take Creed out and was blown away to see, not only all the rooms completely full of people, but also people lining the walls on both sides in every hallway. It was a testimony-strengthening sight. My boys both told me they were grateful for the chance to experience something like that. After church, we went over to Big Springs. There were no fish, but it was still a lot of fun.
On Monday, we went into Yellowstone. We saw SO MANY buffalo and their babies. We also saw a couple of elk, a lot of geese and ducks, and a bald eagle. We went to see Old Faithful, and the girls embarked on the Junior Ranger program. We saw some paint pots, had a great picnic, and saw a bunch of geysers. It was a successful trip.
On Monday night, we had a hot dog roast, and some smores. YUMMERS!
On Tuesday, we went back into the Park, and went up to Mammoth, and through Lamar Valley. We visited the biggest ant pile EVER! It seems silly to have to stop every year to see the ant hill-- but I am grateful that we do, because it is really fascinating. The girls earned the Junior Ranger patches (it was quite a ceremony), we saw some more elk, a lot more Buffalo, an owl, a mountain sheep, and 3 BEARS!!!!!! We were so thrilled with our luck. I was really hoping that Ryan and my children would get to see a bear. They were only 30-40 yards away. It was spectacular.
| Ants |
| Ant hill |
| Mammoth |
The rest of the week was filled with a lot of playing, eating, watching movies (some of them multiple times) and working. I love the cabin. I love the fresh air and privacy and beauty of it all. Ivy loved the space to run. It was so fun to practically see a little doggy smile on her little doggy face.
This was the best way imaginable to start our summer par-tay!

3 comments:
Thanks for coming with us. The park visits were great,with an amazing amount of animal sightings in unique settings. I enjoyed the morning runs, even the "grumpy" skunk was a fun because it didnt spray us. Thanks for your help. Love you.
So jealous! Especially about the 3 bears part. I'm glad you all had so much fun, it sounds like a great kick off for summer.
Looks like so much fun! We haven't been there in awhile, might need to plan a trip there soon.
Post a Comment