For me, the joy of Mother's Day is always a little bit tainted with feelings of inadequacy and guilt. I always feel bad that I can't be the perfect mother for my sweet little angels. I don't like feeling that way. Yesterday, I was out of bed, around 5 in the morning, feeding Creed-- and I found myself uttering a silent, but heartfelt prayer. My heart was overflowing with gratitude for the blessing of being a Mother. I love my children so much. I truly feel like being a Mother was my entire purpose for being placed on this Earth. It gives meaning to every single thing I do. I don't know what I will do when my children are grown and gone-- talk about a major identity crisis in the making! As I prayed, I asked Heavenly Father to help me keep those feelings of joy throughout the day. As a result, I spent the day rejoicing. I know I am far from perfect... but those thoughts didn't enter my mind at all yesterday . Instead, I revelled in how truly blessed I am to have these fabulous little people as my babies!
I was very spoiled by my family. My children were all so excited for Mother's Day. On Saturday, the day started with breakfast in bed, and ended with chocolate covered strawberries. On Sunday, I opened gifts, and was sung to in church, and I received lots of hugs. I felt very loved. I have great children, and a fabulous husband, who spoils me more than I deserve!
I also feel very blessed to have such special women in my life. I have the best Mother. I have the best sisters and sister-in-law. I have the best Grandmothers. I learn so much from them and their examples. I am the luckiest girl, and know that my daughters are learning from their examples as well.
Connection check nxhnwlmk
-
Connection check nxhnwlmkl4dvlpzl4die reference

1 comment:
Sweet post! You are a wonderful mother, amazing at all you do!
Post a Comment