Connection check nxhnwlmk
-
Connection check nxhnwlmkl4dvlpzl4die reference
Friday, January 7, 2011
Ariann Matchett-- December 9, 1977- December 31, 2010
This was a very sad week. Last Friday (December 31st), Ryan got a call in the middle of the night. It was his brother Richard calling to let us know that Ryan's younger sister, Ariann, had died. We were both so shocked. She had a blood clot that, unexpectedly travelled to her lungs, and killed her. She was the same age as me. It's just so sad. It is always difficult to cope with something like this... but, as a Mother, it is even more tricky because-- not only am I having to adjust-- but I am also trying to help each of my children (as well as my husband) mourn in their own individual ways.
Ariann had been living in Rexburg, with her husband Terry, for the last 9 months. She was a frequent visitor in our home. My children will miss her visits greatly. We took having her so close for granted. My sweet husband is so sad. He has a lifetime of memories with her, and feels the greatest loss.
Some things I admired about Ariann were--
She ALWAYS sent a card on our birthdays (and anniversaries). If you ever needed to know when someone's birthday was, you called Ariann. Her husband told me that she never just grabbed a card and sent it, they were always meticulously chosen for the individual.
She was child-like in a lot of ways. Her favorite movie was Finding Nemo. When she was excited, she would shake her hands and do a funny dance that I will never forget.
She was very generous-- with her things, her time, and her kind words. Cameron said, "I will miss Ariann because she always said nice things to me, and made me feel good about myself."
She was very concerned with others feeling loved and loving each other.
In addition to missing these things, I will miss running into her at the library, the grocery store, and Wal-mart each Saturday morning.
I am grateful we were able to have her and Terry over to watch Muppet Christmas Carol about a week before we left for our vacation, and even got to visit with her for about a half hour on the night before we left town. That night, she gave me a card telling me how much she loved me and admired my example.
She was a sunshiny spirit, and the world is a little bit darker without her here.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




5 comments:
These are beautiful remarks Kristen. You're way of expressing feelings and stories through your writing is always inspiring. Love you! Sorry for your loss. Lots of Love and Prayers to You, Ryan, and his family.
Kristen and Ryan, I am so sorry for yourloss. I can't imagine the grief and paid you are feeling at her loss. Remember to hold close to the gospel. Through it you will find peace. Love you both!
So Sorry Kristen and Ryan, you and your family are in our prayers.
I am so sorry. It's so hard to adjust to a "new world" when a loved one has passed...I'm so glad that we have the blessing of eternal families and know that we will see our loved ones again.
You and your sweet family are in my prayers.
xoxo
Kristen and Ryan, I'm so sorry. I had no idea. Ariann sounds like an angel. What a loss to your family. We'll keep you in our prayers and her husband too.
Post a Comment