Sunday, January 9, 2011

They pulled a fast one on me!

For months, I have been mentally preparing myself for February 25th. On February 25th, my baby turns 12 years old. On February 25th, my baby graduates from Primary-- and moves into mutual. I have secretly been dreading February 25th, and trying to keep it as far away as possible. So, you can imagine my horror a couple weeks ago when I was informed that, instead of waiting until February 25th, they were going to go ahead and move Cameron out of Primary and into Young Mens on January 1st. As I stood there suppressing a mommy-panic-attack, I smiled and nodded, and even though the words in my head were screaming, "WHAT??? Wait just a minute... I was guaranteed more time. What about February 25th? He isn't ready to grow up!" --  the words that actually came out of my shocked mouth were, "OK, that sounds good."  The truth is, it isn't Cameron that's not ready for the change-- he is more than excited to be done with primary and in mutual with his friends. The hard cold truth is,  its me that wants to keep him small. If I had it my way, I would put him back on the front row with the Sunbeams. However, I don't get to have it my way (which is probably a good thing). So, even though it is not yet February 25th (grrrrrr...) , I now have a wonderful, kind, smart, tall, ever-growing son in Young Mens. How did this happen so fast? I am tremendously proud of him and the Young Man he is becoming. He has such righteous desires, and is a great example to me.

2 comments:

Tammy said...

Wow that is crazy that he is in Young Men's! Chris is our ward's Y.M. Pres and he loves it! I'm sure Cameron will too!

Doug and Amanda Bailey said...

Wow...slow down! I'm freaking out because Matthew will be 10, so I can't even imagine what you must be feeling, then to have them move him early....um...NO! I realize it was a good move for him, but for Mommy... :(
I still go and snuggle my big babies at night, they don't know it, but I can't help myself. He will always be your baby, even in YM!