A few days before Christmas vacation, our family came up with an idea that, on the surface, sounded like something fun. We thought it would be fun to make matching shirts to wear one of the days we were at Grandma and Grandpa's house. We decided to do white shirts with individual snowmen comics on each of them. I won't go into details, but what ensued was a major pain in the neck. What started as a seed of a great idea turned into a $75.00 project and a headache. They turned out really cute, and it was so fun to be twinsies for a day. However, the real joke ended up being on us because after making them, we realized that they can't be washed without being ruined. Needless to say we were all very careful with our WHITE
limited-use snowman shirts! (Well, except Creed, who got all sorts of gunk on his shirt. I think I can safely predict that his shirt is going to be the first one to bite the dust! Go figure.)
We found a lot of funny snowmen jokes, but these were our favorites. Enjoy...
 |
| Ryan's shirt |
 |
| Kristen's shirt |
 |
| Cameron's shirt |
 |
| Kyle's shirt |
 |
| Kailani's shirt |
 |
| Karen thought this joke was SO funny! |
 |
| Creed's shirt |
The children were so excited on the day we wore our shirts. I think matching Christmas shirts may have to be a new family tradition--
making the shirts, however, may or may not be included in the tradition!
1 comment:
What a fun idea! I know there's a website where you can put your own design on a t-shirt...best of all they print them and you can wash them! :-) I'll have to ask my hubby what the site is...he's made a couple. Next year it will be a lot easier to keep up your fun tradition (may have to steal that idea).
You family photos are adorable - you're all so photogenic! Lucky!
Post a Comment