Ryan, Cameron, Kyle, Kailani, and I got to go see Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. Ryan and the boys read the book this past summer, so it was fun for them to see the book come to life. It was a little too scary for Kailani. At one especially scary part, I looked down the row and saw Cameron and Kailani covering their eyes. Kyle-- on the other hand-- had his eyes wide open and his hand clasped tight over his mouth. Later I asked him what he was doing. He said it was to keep him from screaming like a little girl!
We also went swimming at the Rec-center. The pool there is really nice, and they have a rock wall the kids really enjoyed.
Another thing we did that was a lot of fun was make gingerbread houses. There were 5 little houses to make. I was surprised how hard each person worked on their house. They all turned out cute, and everyone had fun.
We went to the Hardware Ranch elk reserve. We had to wait in a VERY long line on a VERY cold day, but it was worth the wait. We went on a wagon ride right through the herd of elk. The kids were so good. It was really neat to see the elk so close. We decided our favorite part were all the baby elk calling for their mothers.
We went to a Thai restaurant that belongs to some family friends (Lek and Chen) and tried all sorts of interesting foods. I really liked the Pad Thai. Ryan had some very spicy Thai fried rice. The wantons and egg rolls were definitely the best though.
The best part of the trip was simply being with family. My mom made the most delicious meals. It was fun having so many people to spend time with. It was nice to laugh together. The cousins had such a fun time playing with one another. We made precious memories. My heart hurt when it was time to come home. I wish our vacation together could have lasted forever-- maybe that is what heaven feel like. It really was wonderful!



1 comment:
You were so close, too bad we couldn't get together. I know how crazy it is around the holidays! One of these visits we will just have to meet up!
Post a Comment