Sunday, November 21, 2010

The Story of the DeGraw Family


Cameron had a school project this weekend (oh goodie!). It was to make a totem pole that represents his family. Cameron researched what each animal symbolized and chose each animal very carefully, then I drew them, and he colored them.  He was so proud of his project when it was finally done. This is what he wrote for his paper:

The Story of The DeGraw Family
I chose an Eagle to represent my Dad, because he is a righteous leader and brave. I chose a Bear for my Mom because she teaches and protects me. I chose a Wolf as my symbol because I am the oldest child. I am a guardian to my little brothers and sisters. I also lead , watch, and love my family. I chose an Otter for my brother, Kyle. He is trusting, smart, and my most loyal friend. My sister, Kailani, is represented by a Beaver because she is creative, artistic, and very determined. I chose a Hummingbird for Karen. She is smart, and shows beauty. A hummingbird also represents love, and Karen is very loving. The bottom of the totem pole is my baby brother, Creed. His symbol is a Dragonfly because it means ever-changing, and I think Creed is always growing and changing constantly.

1 comment:

Karen and Brent said...

I'm proud of you, I'm proud of you, I hope that you are proud of you, I'm proud of you, I'm proud of you, I hope that you are proud of you too!!!!!!! that was a GREAT family totem!!!! Love you!