Today was a wonderful day! It began with a phone call at 6:45 in the morning from the school district announcing that school was closed due to extreme weather. I
LOVE when school gets closed. As I lay in my warm bed feeling the pure delight of a fun day ahead, I thought about the parents who were having to scramble to find babysitters for the day. I felt sad for them. It made me grateful for the blessing of being able to stay at home with my children. The kids spent the day playing out in the snow, sipping hot cocoa, watching movies, and playing together.
 |
| My neighbor took this picture of her backyard-- she is a far better photographer than I. |
I had a great conversation on the phone with my sister, Julie. I have been missing my sisters-- and have been feeling left out of the "loop" (they are both living with my parents in Bountiful). I hung up the phone filled with gratitude for the life-long friends that my siblings are to me. I laugh my hardest when I am with them. They "get me" and love me. I sure love them. They bring me tremendous joy. I hope my children forge similar friendships with one another.
My amazing husband came home from work and made dinner. He vacuumed the living room. He later made cookies for FHE. He is so helpful and kind to me. It is a good thing this is for eternity... because I sure love that man!
Lastly, Cameron planned a great Family Home Evening for us today. It was about gratitude and blessings. He told the story of the 10 lepers. Then, we put turkey feathers on a turkey body. The 24 feathers had blessings (like eternal family, food, clothes, health, etc.) written on them. The best part was all of my children seemed to be listening and enjoying themselves.
I was a great day.
No comments:
Post a Comment