My Mother is amazing! I don't know very many people who want to be exactly like their Mothers...I however, have strived for just such a thing for the better part of my life (a goal, in which-- despite years of trying-- I am not doing very good at).
My Mother has always been such a fun mom (and is now a fun Grandma). She made us feel loved, and like she absolutely delighted in having her children around. She always made holidays and birthdays extra special. My siblings and I always had the best valentine's boxes and science fair projects for school. My Mom was always calm and patient. Even still, she acts like we were flawless little kids. My mother is good at everything she does. It wasn't until I became a Mother that I realized that it isn't always an easy job, because my Mother made it look like a breeze.
I have spent my life watching my Mother magnify callings, serve others, and befriend the friendless. She is an amazing example to me. I don't know why Heavenly Father sent me to her and my father, but it has been the great blessing in my life.
This past week, my Mother came to help with Creed, and I loved every second of it. While she was here, she cleaned the house top to bottom (took the knobs off the oven to wash them, cleaned the toilet, and vacuumed under the couch for Pete's sake), made treats and delivered them to all the people I owed thank-yous to for baby gifts, ran to the store a gazillion times, took the kids to the library... lunch at the park...the rodeo... etc..., made a special meal, and cheesecake for Ryan's birthday, did laundry, filled our freezer and pantry, kept me company when Creed woke up during the night, and did countless other things. She left yesterday(she even took my 2 boys home with her for a couple weeks of swim lessons), and I have been crying ever since. I know that I don't need her here. I can do this by myself. It is just that I loved having her here and truly appreciate all she did.
My Mom puts Wonder Woman to shame. There are no words to express what I feel in my heart. I love my Mom. I want to be like her, but I am beginning to realize that she is one of a kind. THANK YOU for everything Mother!

No comments:
Post a Comment