My Father:



I love my Dad. He is everything that Dads are supposed to be and so much more. He is gentle and kind. I see that when I watch him scoop up my girls and give them hugs and kisses. Or when I hear the concern in his voice for me when things arent always going "just right". He is also strong and firm-- I dont see this as often as gentle and kind-- but it is there when needed. He is wise and I value his advice. He is funny. Anyone who knows my Father will tell you that he is funny. I love this about him. I can't tell you the value of being able to laugh at life... I learned this from my Father. Everything is always infinately more fun with my Dad around. He is supportive. I remember my Dad being at nearly every memorable event in my life. Most importantly, he is righteous. He is an example to me of what men should be. I am so grateful that he is my Dad.
My Grandfathers:
Both of my Grandpas are wonderful, and have always made me feel special and loved. They are both extremely smart, and great "how-to" resources. My Grandpa Nelson is tall and "rough", but has a very tender heart. I have seen him tear-up on many occasions. I love him. My Grandpa Rhees is a lot like my Dad. He is funny and loving. I remember sneaking into his room when I was a little girl, so that I could snuggle with him and my Grandma. I remember when I came to college, he told me not to go on 2 dates in a row with the same boy. I remember thinking "How do you expect me to ever find a husband if I follow that advice?" Looking back I probably should have followed his advice for a couple of more years. :)
My Husband:

My children are tremendously blessed to have Ryan as their Father, and I am tremendously blessed to have him as my Sweetheart. He is a wonderful man. When I met Ryan... I was brushing off guys at the first sign of any imperfection ("He breathes weird" or "He is too short"), so I always joke that it is a miracle that I got married at all. I thank Heavenly Father everday for intervening in my behalf, and sending Ryan my way. He is my perfect match. He honors me. He is a great example to me of someone wanting to become more like the Savior. I am constantly amazed by Ryan's ability to become better. He is so involved in his children's lives, and wants to help them on their journey back to Heavenly Father. He is by far the "fun parent", and I am ok with that. I find joy in seeing my children adore their Father.
My Heavenly Father:

Every Father's Day, I ponder on my Father in Heaven, and how blessed I am to know of His love and plan for me. I can't imagine going through life without the comfort of this knowledge. When I am blessed, I know who to thank. When I am sent trials, I know who to trust... and who to petition for strength. I want to live in a way that makes my Father, Grandfathers, and Husband proud of me. But, above all, I want to live in a way that makes my Father in Heaven proud. I want to live in a way that allows me to grow to be more like Him. I want to live in a way that will allow me to live with Him again. I am so grateful for the gospel, and a loving Heavenly Father who constantly blesses me with more than I could ever deserve.

3 comments:
You are a lucky girl Kristen. You Do have an amazing father AND an amazing mother....
but you know what... I think you deserve them too.
Kristen, your blog is just beautiful! I feel so uplifted when I read it. I'm glad that you survived the birth and are enjoying your baby. Thanks for your great example.
I'm commenting here because it's the most recent. I'm SOOOOO excited to see pics of Creed! I can't wait to see him in person! He's adorable! I think he looks like Kyle! You're such an amazing mom! I wish I was more like you. I don't know many people who say labor and delivery were wonderful! :) I'm not looking forward to that part with this one! Yep, we're expecting #5 in January! Macie and I really hope it's a girl but I'll take what the Lord sends us! Paul doesn't care and I don't think Daniel does either but Tate wants another brother. Oh, what will I do with all these boys?? We really need to get together!! I know we keep saying that but I really miss you! Once Paul gets back from Salmon river with the scouts next week I'll talk to him about it and figure out a time! Say hi to Ryan for us!
Post a Comment