Its a BOY!!!! We are so excited that our sweet little angel is finally here. We have been working to get this baby here for the past three years, and I am so grateful to finally have him in my arms. He is so sweet and calm. I am always overwhelmed with the "heavenly" feeling that comes with each new little spirit that joins our family. As a mother, I feel so responsible to help him live so he can stay as clean and pure as he is right now. He is so precious, and words can't describe the feelings of gratitude I have.
On Saturday morning, Ryan and I headed to the hospital for an induction. By 10:30, labor was in full swing. I had my epidural before the contractions got too terrible (I actually got 2 epidurals because the 1st one didnt work). I was at a "10" before I knew it, and within 2 pushes, Creed was born at 4:49 pm. He was 8 pounds 2 ounces and 20.5 inches long. It was so special to have the kids come and meet their new baby. They have begged for him for so long. I think it was the best labor and delivery EVER, and I was feeling pretty good-- apparently too good. I wish this was the end of the story, but it is not...
Four hours later (after Ryan had left to go home) I started to bleed out. I kept telling the nurse something was wrong, but she wasn't getting the point. Finally, after seeing things for herself, she ran and got the doctor. He came and found that I had a hematoma that had ruptured, plus my uterus wasnt doing what it was supposed to either. I had to have emergency stitches (inside) without any pain-killers. I thought this was painful, but it was nothing compared to the night of pure agony that followed. Not only was I hurting from my stiches, and my swollen, new gigantic bruise, but I was put on high levels of pitocin to get my uterus back down. It felt like full on labor (with the shakes and everything) but with no pain relief. Im not trying to be dramatic, but can honestly say it was the worst night of my life. All I wanted to do was enjoy my perfect new son, and instead I was crippled by pain. Each day in the hospital brought a little relief, until the pain was tolerable. I looked like a ghost, but atleast I could sit up. On Tuesday morning, my blood levels were still getting worse, my doctor said that it might be a good idea to get a blood transfusion. I didnt feel good about it, and it was a hard decision, but I opted out. I still think I made the right decision, but as a result, I am completely exhausted. I feel dizzy a lot of the time too. I am hoping to build up my blood supply quickly.
I am happy to be home with my sweet little family. It has felt, for a long time, like someone was missing... it is nice to feel complete. Welcome home, Creed.

7 comments:
So glad you are both home and doing well. He is a very cute baby! I like the last picture as a family picture. How exciting to finally have him here.
He's SOOOO cute! Welcome to the world, Creed!!
I hope you start feeling better soon.
Sorry you had such a hard time :(
I'm glad you are starting to feel better and are back home with your beautiful baby boy!
Sooo Cute!! Congratulations, I can't wait to see him!!
Oh he's just adorable. When Zack saw what his name was, the first thing he said was, "He's going to grow up to be a country singer." I don't know about that, but it is a cute name. :O)
Congratulations Kristen!! I'm so happy you're okay!! Little Creed is a beautiful boy. Takes after his beautiful momma.
Kristen, I love the name your chose for your little boy. He is so handsome and sweet; congratulations. I'm sorry to hear that things didn't go as smoothly as your would liked, but so glad you are feeling better. What a cute little family you have!
Post a Comment