
Yesterday I was sorting through a box of photos, kid's report cards, love notes, etc. and found the epidural needle from one of my children's births (I know.. you're thinking "Why in the heck does she have that?"-- In short, I save things. Truthfully-- you don't want to know what else I have from my other hospital escapades-- but that is another discussion for another day). Anyhoo... have you ever seen an epidural needle? They are huge, and blunt, and make a yucky pop when they go in your back! It started to get me thinking that this baby in my ever-growing belly is eventually going to want to come out-- and I vaguely remember that hurting quite a bit! I honestly had a mild panic attack right there in my room. After a few minutes of vivid flashbacks, I gained my composure, tucked the epidural needle safely away (you know.. for future ahh-good-times reminiscing) and got my head on straight. I wish I could say I will not be letting anyone get close to my back with one of those again-- but who am I fooling-- I will. In fact I will probably beg for it. It is rumored that I have said, "I love You" to the anesthesiologist in the past, and will most likely do so again! So-- in conclusion-- epidural needles bad, but in my world, a necessary evil.

2 comments:
Ahhh! The epidural spot on my back is hurting just from reading this. I'd recommend that you don't pull that needle out again for a very long time.
awwww, those blessed epidurals...love 'em! Not that I have ever had more than one, but still...I still love it. I do have to admit, just the small amount of pain that I felt before and the recovery after makes me wonder, "do you really want to go through that again?" Well, sure you get a darling little baby, that you can't stop kissing, looking at and holding, buuuuuut all that pain. Oh...all that pain. (get a grip Leesh). I can't wait for baby DeGraw! :)
Post a Comment