Thursday, March 18, 2010

Green, Green, Green!


I LOVE holidays! I recently asked Kyle to name 3 things that I can do to help him feel my love-- his immediate response was that he knew he was loved because I always make birthdays and holdays so special. I was surprised by his answer, but I knew what he meant, because my Mother always made holdays fabulous, and it made me feel loved too. Saint Patrick's Day is no different. In the past, I have done a drop of food coloring in the bootom of my kids cereal bowls (so the milk turns green when the milk is poured in), or little gifts left by a leprechaun, or something new to wear for the Day 'O Green. One thing we ALWAYS do is our green meal for dinner. I have pictures of Ryan and I eating a green meal as newleweds-- it was probably ramen noodles or mac-n-cheese, but boy did we look happy!). It is amazing how far a little green food coloring can go in the kitchen. Rice turns a really vibrant green, alfredo sauce works well too. This year we had green potato soup, and some pistachio pudding-marshmellow salad. It was a fun day...and Im looking forward to April Fools Day just around the corner.

1 comment:

Doug and Amanda Bailey said...

So fun! I love holidays too, and always try to make a big deal out of them, the kids love it! You are a great mommy!!!