Friday, March 5, 2010

"Mommmm, I need..."


This week has been quite exhausting-- at least as a mother, it has. Here are a few of the "highlights". Early in the week, one of my children informed me that he needed a colonial costume for school the next day. I know that there are many Mother's out there that could whip one up in a couple of hours-- I am not one of those Mothers. (As my son put it..."If only Grandma were here-- she could do it!"). Once that task was successfully accomplished, I was told that he needed a sock puppet in a civil war uniform! Once my...er, I mean his puppet was complete-- I was feeling pretty good, and he was very thankful which made all of the effort worth it (at least a little). I got a call from my daughter's 1st grade teacher informing me that Kailani needed a change of clothes because she had peed her pants! In the end we found out that her wet pants were the result of a sliding game she was playing in the melting snow at reccess. (Phhhheeeewww!) I spent one night this week with Karen sleeping in my bed--kneeing me in the back-- because she was CONVINCED that there was a "bad little girl in her bed that kept pinching her in the bum." It was the first night she has ever slept in my bed (or even in my room for that matter), so I guess I can't complain-- she was due. Lastly, the previously mentioned colonial costume got lost a 1/2 hour before the Thursday night preformance, as a result of falling out of someone's backpack! We tracked it down (which was a small miracle), and made it to the play on time-- only to find out that earlier that day-- Cameron had been assigned to run the spotlight at the back of the room for the entire program... which essentially left him out of the entire preformance (I don't know what this says about the 5th grade teacher's opinions of our DeGraw singing abilities...No Comment). I will say, Cameron was the best spotlight technician EVER, and made me proud!!! Soooo, while I realize these little moments are what it means to be a Mother-- which is a job I adore-- I must admit I am ready for a nice LOOOONNNNGGG, relaxing weekend.

1 comment:

Kirsten said...

Don't you just LOVE days like that?! :) Being a mom is so rewarding!