



I can't believe my boy is 11 years old! He is such a good kid, and I am so blessed to be his Mother. Where has all the time gone? It seems like just yesterday he was a tiny baby. My Great-Grandma Rhees used to say something along the lines of "...A kid without a little vinegar, isn't really worth having." While, I will take honey over vinegar ANY day, I can now look back on the years when Cameron's "vinegar" was a little more potent, and have a good laugh-- (luckily, the vinegar seems to have diluted, if not disappeared, as Cameron has grown). When Cams was a lot younger, he really kept me running. Gone are the days of Cameron running down the street in his undies, or bringing the sprinkler into the house, and turning it on full blast! (Yes, I did have to run through the sprinkler to get the the valve in the backyard). But even then, I couldn't have loved him more. I can't describe the pride I feel at seeing him grow into a righteous young man. He has such a strong grasp on the gospel, and is testimony is so much stronger than mine was at his age. He is very smart, and dedicated to doing well in school. He is an amazing brother, and has such a compassionate heart. I can't count the times that I have offered a silent prayer of gratitude for having Cameron as my first child. He is a wonderful example to his younger siblings, and really sets the tone for what is expected. I love him tremendously. Happy Birthday, Son!

No comments:
Post a Comment