Happy Halloween!
Halloween, this year, turned into a pretty busy day for us. I got a call the night before, asking if I would plan a game for Karen's class party. I spent the morning trying to figure out what game I wanted to do, and preparing that (I ended up doing a cute Halloween BINGO). I made a quick dash to my bi-weekly doctor appointment with the OB. Unfortunately, the lady doing to ultrasound couldn't see the things she needed to see-- which made a 45 minute appointment take nearly 2 hours. I was really starting to sweat it, because I needed to be headed to Karen's party... like, right then! I finally got out of there, and called Ryan to see if he would grab the game, Creed (in costume) and an energy bar for me (I hadn't had any lunch)-- and meet me at the elementary. I got there just in time. It was so fun to see Karen in her classroom setting. She had some really nice kids in her class. They seemed to like the game, and have a fun party. The best part was seeing how excited Karen was that I was there-- she didn't know I was coming.
 |
| Karen as a vampire/witch |
I was surprised how early people started trick-or-treating in our new neighborhood (and how early they finished too. By 8:30, most everyone was done.). We did get a lot of trick-or-treaters. The older boys decided to stay home and pass out candy in our spooky house instead of trick-or-treat. They wore their ranger cloaks, and set up the black-light and our creepy talking witch. The younger kids were happy to get the candy, but it was a pretty cold and rainy night, so we ended our door-knocking earlier than usual. Everyone seemed happy with their final sugary stash.
 |
| Kailani as a witchy-witch |
 |
| Creed as a Gorilla |
 |
Ivy as a bumblebee
|
And I went as a beached whale... er, I mean... a super duper pregnant lady.
 |
| It was the angle of the camera... I swear... right? |
2 comments:
I love reading your posts I almost always chuckle or even laugh right out loud. Looks like a fun Halloween. Love you!
Great costumes! You pulled off the beached whale with amazing likeness. Kidding of course, but you said it first.
Post a Comment