These are a couple of the things (in no particular order) we have filled our time with...
We spent a Saturday at Big Springs.
It was fun. I do, however, wish I would have brought the bug spray. During our picnic, we were absolutely engulfed in mosquitoes. Needless to say, we all ate fast-- except for Karen-- who ate in the van. We also went to feed the fish at Big Springs. The only problem was there were no fish, so we had fun feeding the seagulls.
![]() |
| I sure love this boy! Notice the mosquito having its lunch on my forehead! |
We went and played in West Yellowstone.
We did a little shopping, and a lot of posing for pictures. I sure have funny kids!
![]() |
| Karen with a bear |
![]() |
| Kailani with a fish |
![]() |
| Karen and Creed with a bear |
![]() |
| KB with an old army jeep |
This was a bittersweet time together. It was so wonderful to spend time with my sister, Julie, and her girls. We got to meet her sweet new little addition. Our children really love being together. The "bitter" part was knowing this would be our last time together for a long time because they were moving to a far far away land called Ohio. Boooooo!
We raised some butterflies.
We began with 10 teensy-tiny caterpillars (about the size of a grain of rice) that we got in the mail. It was really quite phenomenal to watch them grow unbelievable amounts every day, each make a chrysalis, and later emerge as a full butterfly. I had no idea how much we would all enjoy this little project-- it was fascinating.
And... we sent our men off to scout camp and our women to the beauty salon.
Kyle went to Webelos day camp. He shot guns and arrows. He rode bikes on an obstacle course. He ate hot dogs, and sang camp songs. He came home sooooooo excited and happy. Cameron went to week-long encampment. He worked hard. As the youngest deacon, he spent a lot of time being bossed around, and gathering a lot of firewood. He learned first aid and emergency preparedness. It was hard for him (due to a case of home-sickness), but he toughed it out. I think it was even harder for his Mother. I worried about him every waking second (and a lot of seconds during the night too). Ryan joined him for the last day. We were all so happy to have him return home, and proud of him for doing something that was hard.
The girls and I went and got our hair done. we had some feathers put in our hair. It was a fun day together.











3 comments:
Man you are smokin hot!
Cute feathers! I asked my stylist about the feather thing, he laughed and said that they raise special chickens just for their feathers, they are genetically "enhanced" to produce the longer, more pliable, pretty feathers. It was funny! Looks like you have had lots of fun! I'm proud of you for surviving scout camp, I think when it is our turn I will just die (do you think he would totally be made fun of if his mother was hiding in his bag...?) :) As always, beautiful family!
Love the hair- kailani's cut, karen's curl and bow, and your color and feather are adorable. Proud of boys for making it through camp (that includes Ryan) and for the record we miss you guys too. It was sad to hear my little one tonight as she talked about her one friend out here (as opposed to her many in Utah). Dave is already looking into the many areas in Idaho he plans to apply -- Keep your fingers crossed
Post a Comment