In our family, each Friday night is "Family Fun Night". We have had this tradition for at least the last 5 years. It isn't always easy to plan. In fact, it often times requires quite a bit of effort on my part. However, it is always worth it. We all look forward to Friday night. I love that it is scheduled time we spend together. I love that no matter what we do, we end up laughing and having a good time. I am hoping it is a tradition that will always be a part of our family.
In the past, we have done all sorts of activities. We love watching movies with popcorn and treats. I usually try to have the treats go with the "theme" of the movie. We have made cookies to deliver to neighbors. We do a lot of holiday activities for Family Fun Night-- like pumpkin carving, or decorating the Christmas tree. This past Friday, Ryan and I decided to set up an obstacle course for the kids. It was very low key (as you will see), and only took about 5 minutes to set up. It turned out to be a big hit!
The obstacle course went as follows:
1- Choose a balloon, and put a diaper on it. Then, Carry your balloon baby throughout the course without popping it.
2- "Tight-rope" on the hose.
3- Throw the tennis ball into the barrel.
4- Use the lacrosse stick to push a ball down the hill.
5- Crawl under the table and put on the red fuzzy hat.
6- Weave in and out of the trees and run around the pole.
7- Put your balloon baby in the stroller and push it to the finish line.
8- Grab an M&M, quickly chew and swallow, then stick out your tongue to stop the timer.
Even Creed had a good time.
We all had fun, and each of the kids ran the course 2 or 3 times. They were happy to see they got faster with each try. I was happy that, with so little effort, so much joy could be produced!
Connection check nxhnwlmk
-
Connection check nxhnwlmkl4dvlpzl4die reference

2 comments:
Looks like I just found another great use for my fuzzy hat! Those have become one of the best Christmas gifts ever. Love the baby balloon idea. I think I will be using it too.
Fun! Love it!
Post a Comment