Yesterday, we took the children hiking at Cress Creek. It was a beautiful day. I really love hiking. I like that it is something we can all enjoy as a family. I love that, no matter how hard it is, we can all go at our own pace. I enjoy the gorgeous scenes that we are surrounded by when we hike. It feels good to get a little exercise and be out in such a pretty place. Cress Creek is a fairly easy hike, but does have a few steep inclines. We saw a lot of butterflies, and mosquitoes, a few birds, and one lizard. We had a little whining mixed in with a lot of smiles.
After we took this picture, Kyle said, "now lets do a 'feelings' picture that shows how we really feel...
That morning, before we left for the hike, Karen was worried that everyone had a hat but her. She ran in the house and came out wearing her favorite hat. This is a hat that my brother, Brian and his wife, Carol, gave her for Christmas a few years ago. It is the best hat. It has been used for "hat day" at school, for tea parties, for dancing, and now-- for hiking. Every time we passed other hikers on the trail, the first thing they said was, "Hey, nice hat!"
There were a lot of neat things to see, and fun places to explore. When we were done, and headed back to the car, all of the kids said they had a great time. Karen's only complaint was that she had hoped to see a rattlesnake on the hike... that is one disappointment that I can definitely live with!
On our way home we stopped at the Archer Cemetery.
And, because we were feeling so healthy after our hike, we stopped at Eastern Idaho's most famous hamburger joint-- Big Jud's. We shared a GIANT hamburger, and a bucket of delicious fries. We looked for my Sister, Julie's picture on the "wall of fame"-- but didn't see it. I guess she will just have to go there and eat the one pound burger again!
It was a day well spent!
Connection check nxhnwlmk
-
Connection check nxhnwlmkl4dvlpzl4die reference

2 comments:
Yes, it wasn't until after I forked down the 1 pound burger that I found out the burger wall of fame gets filled up so quick that pictures don't last too long before being replaced... I won't be going back. You are lucky to see me eating a regular size fast food burger... A giant burger-- never again! P.s. That is one cool hat! Our hat like that is currently being used as kinley's cowgirl hat- yeehaw!
Well-what more can I say, that hat is awesome!
Post a Comment