His team ended up taking 2nd place, and getting a trophy and a medal. Next, he danced to "Love Potion #9". This is actually the better of his 2 dances, but because there were so many teams competing in this round (10), it was a little more difficult. His team took 4th place.
Cameron's first dance was "Manic Monday". He got a 2nd place medal and trophy. His team did really well. The team that took first, danced to a song that is really popular right now-- which contributed to their 1st place (because their technique was not as good as Cameron's team). I was so proud of Cam and his team.
His last dance was "Chim Chimeree". He got 3rd place, and seemed happy about that.
I think that both the boys left feeling pretty successful that night!
On Saturday, we were up VERY early to head over to the individual dance competitions. Each boy did so well. It was an extremely long day of dancing, praying, crossing fingers, and emotional ups and downs. Most of all it was a lot of sitting on hard bleachers, and feeling SO SO SO proud of my talented sons! Cameron ended up with a 6th place ribbon for the Tango. (He was not satisfied with this result, and I had to keep reminding him that there were SO many who didn't get anything at all.) Kyle got FIRST PLACE for his foxtrot. He was SO thrilled, and I was so happy for him. It is so amazing to watch my boys do something that I can't do-- and do it so well. What awesome sons I have!
| Kyle dancing the Samba |

2 comments:
You do have great sons!
We had an update from the Ballroom Dance from Alec in Primary yesterday.
What a great thing for them to do.
I can only imagine how fun it is to watch them dance. Wish I could have seen it!
Post a Comment