Sunday, January 6, 2013

Christmas 2012

 
I love Christmas time. I wish it could last longer, and always feel sad when the radio stations stop playing Christmas songs, vacations come to a close, and I am forced to take down the decorations. This year was a bit different for us (not quite so "Christmas-y"), because we were busy settling into our new house and all the changes associated with that, but it was still a magical, wonderful, love-filled season. These are the only pictures I got from moving day. I was sad when I realized that, because there were so many wonderful people involved who helped, and I was so proud of my children.  They were troopers!
 This is a picture of Karen playing in our empty entertainment center. She was re-enacting one of her favorite I Love Lucy episodes  (here) where Lucy tries to convince Ricky to let her do a commercial by acting it out inside the empty television set. Karen nailed it.
Here we are with the moving trailer. This was fairly early in the process... I'm sure we looked a bit more haggardly by the end of the day.

We were so blessed to spend our entire Christmas vacation at my Mom and Dad's house. We loved being with them (and Tyson and Michelle, and Brian, Carol, and Bailey) and eating delicious food, and enjoying fun traditions.

We did a Christmas nativity. I always get a good laugh at the Rhees family nativity, because it is quite unconventional-- but we stuck with the script, and the children loved it.
My Mother ended up as the donkey-- I don't know if she drew that role out of the hat, or if she ended up with it after being begged to trade-- but I loved the costume!

Karen was "Mary"

Cameron was a great angel (for the 2nd year in a row)

Michelle and Kailani were shepherds. Tyson was a black sheep, and Creed was a barn animal. Michelle is holding a little white poof that apparently was a sheep.



Ryan was Joseph, and My Dad and Kyle were wise men from faraway lands.
I was the Narrator.
Christmas Morning was wonderful. I love the excitement that fills the air. I couldn't sleep at all on Christmas Eve because I was so excited to see everyone open their gifts in the morning! The children seemed so happy and grateful for their gifts.










I'm pretty sure Cameron was excited about his ipad mini!





I sure love my family. They bring me so much joy-- not only at Christmas-- but all year.  I am so grateful for them. They give me purpose and make my life meaningful. I am grateful for my Savior-- who came into this world as a tiny babe in Bethlehem. I love celebrating His birth, and watching the world stop-- even for a moment-- to take note.  I am grateful for His example, and try to live as He would have me live. I am-- most of all-- grateful that He atoned for me so that when I make mistakes (which is way too often) I can repent, and try again.  I am very blessed. Merry Christmas!


1 comment:

Christie said...

Looks like you had an amazing Christmas! I miss seeing you and your beautiful family on Sundays. Hope you're settling in to your new home. :)