Saturday, December 31, 2011

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year

Christmas seemed to come and go in a wrapping paper flying, junk-food gorging, ho-ho-ho-ing whirlwind! It was so fun, and truly is the most wonderful time of the year. I love so many things about this season, but one of the very best parts is making memories with the people I love so much.

On Christmas eve, we had a little family party. We watched some movies, had some treats, opened a couple gifts, read a few Christmas stories-- including the nativity story, and played a few games. The children liked Christmas bingo, but they LOVED Christmas-tree bowling.



I didn't get too much sleep that night, partly because I was excited for Christmas, but mostly because I kept hearing children sneaking up and down the hall all night long. Christmas morning was so fun. The children were all so excited to see what was under the tree.





After we finished opening gifts and cleaning up, we packed up the van, and headed for Grandma and Grandpa's house. About an hour into the trip, Karen said she wasn't feeling good. About an hour and 10 minutes into the trip, Karen got the Christmas barfs! It was a long trip after that. We stopped about every 15 minutes after that to deal with the throw-ups. On a side note: the "Christmas barfs" are a long-running tradition around here (unfortunately). It seems like someone always has to be sick during Christmas break. This year, nearly everyone got a turn to enjoy the Christmas barfs.

After the longest, stinkiest ride ever... we finally made it to Mom and Dad's house, and had round 2 of Christmas (except the sickies-- who were banished to the dungeon).
One of the only things Cameron wanted for Christmas was a "Ranger Cloak"-- so naturally, Kyle wanted one too. They were both disappointed to not have one under the tree at home. It made them both so happy to find one from Grandpa and Grandma!


Even little Creeky got a ranger cloak!
Creed's new blanket from Great-Grandma Rhees




It was a wonderful day. Only 350-something more days until we get to do it all again! I can't wait.

3 comments:

Julie said...

Great post! The pictures are classic. It is hard to pick a favorite. The ones with creed and his blanket are cute. The ranger capes look fun. However, I would say my favorite picture is kailani bowling. She looks like she really got into that game. :) glad everyone is having fun... Even without wonderful marvelous magnificent me there this year!!!

Chris and Kim said...

I love all the pictures! Where in world did you hide all those presents? I love the idea the christmas tree bowling, so going to do that next year!! Hope your new year was just as wonderful.

Christie said...

Looks like you had SO much fun! Can you believe that I was having so much fun on Christmas morning that I didn't take any photos! Nuts!!! At least I got a few on Christmas Eve.
Your tree is so beautiful and your kids look so happy! Sorry about the "Christmas Barfs"...that stinks...literally.
xoxo