Kailani was baptized last Saturday. It was so fun to see how excited she was! For the entire week before, she would wake up and say, "I can't believe I am getting baptized in ____ days!" I loved seeing her enthusiastic desire to covenant with Heavenly Father. It reminded me of the people of Ammon in the Book of Alma, and how excited they were to fully covenant to live the gospel, and bury those things that were keeping them separate from the Lord. I hope Kailani can carry that enthusiasm with her forever.
It was so fun to have all of the family come. My parents are so wonderful, and are always bending over backwards to serve my family and make up for the many areas that I fall short. I am so grateful to belong to the family that I do! My Dad gave a wonderful talk at Kailani's confirmation-- as usual. Ryan did a wonderful job too.
To celebrate the big day, we went to Pizza Pie Cafe (AKA Craigo's) afterward. It is Kailani & Kyle's favorite place. It was a lot of delicious fun.
Kailani wrote her feelings in her journal that night. She said, "I'm so excited that I am baptized! I'm so glad that everybody came that I wanted to come. I loved it. It's also Kyle's b-day. When I went under the water I felt all clean.... I had a great time."
No comments:
Post a Comment