It was interesting to see how excited all the little gals were to dance with the boys, and how indifferent and "unexcited" the boys were (sorry girls, welcome to the next few years of your life...).
Kailani told me there was one boy on her dance card she was particularly excited to dance with. I eagerly watched for his number to come up. It was painful to watch. He danced with Kailani, because thats what you do at a ball, but he was more interesting in being rowdy with his pals. They barely looked at each other, and really didn't talk at all. It looked uncomfortable.
The next couple dances, Kailani danced with some boys from our ward. They laughed and talked the entire time. It was comfortable. They enjoyed themselves. I found myself hoping that Kailani realizes (sooner than later) that those are the type of boys worth giving your time to.
It was so fun to watch Kailani (and the other 2nd graders) do the waltz. Karen and I both got a turn to dance with Kailani too-- although I wouldn't put either of us on Dancing with the Stars anytime soon).
Other than watching my darling little sweetie, here are a few funny things that I saw...
| This little girl danced with her eyes closed shut tight for the majority of her dance. Her partner doesn't know where he should look. |
| Karen thought "Belle" was beautiful. I like this picture because she is dancing with a cute little red-head who my children and I lovingly nicknamed "Little Ryan". His real name is Aaron. |
| I thought this Pinocchio costume was great. |

3 comments:
Loved the pictures. Great costume idea Kailani. Out of a classroom full of princess costumes, I am sure the witch costume was a hit! p.s. this is actually Julie not Karen
Looks like a lot of fun! Kailani looks great in her witch costume! Some boys are just plain stinky! I'm glad that she had fun!
What a cute idea!! Yes - get use to it, boys think different than girls!!
Post a Comment