Sunday, October 10, 2010

Knock, Knock...

Knock Knock...
Whos there?
Boo
Boo Who? (boo hoo)
Dont cry, its just a joke.

Everyone knows that knock knock joke.  Its a classic. I think it was funny the first couple times you heard it (way back in the first grade), but after that... not so much. Ive never been a huge fan of knock knock jokes, but as a mother, I get to hear at least one every week or two-- because kids love knock knock jokes. Every once  in a while, I hear a good one. However, most of the time they get a fake laugh and a half-hearted "Oh... good one." Karen loves to tell knock knock jokes. Her knock knock jokes make me laugh EVERY time. That is because she thinks the punchline is ALWAYS supposed to be "Dont cry, its just a joke." Its funny. For example...

Knock knock
Whos there?
Grandma.
Grandma who?
Don't cry, its just a joke!

or

Knock knock.
Whos there?
Banana.
Banana who?
Dont cry, its just a joke!

See, I told you it was funny. Karen has it figured out, because her knock knock jokes are actually funny EVERY SINGLE TIME (well, at least they make me smile.) 




1 comment:

Doug and Amanda Bailey said...

Such cute kids! I get the knock, knock jokes all the time too. Only 5 times in a row. Usually Matthew will tell me one, then everyone will have to tell the same joke after him, just so they get their chance. I laugh at all of them! It's silly little moments like that, that make my heart so full of happiness because our kids!