Friday, October 8, 2010

Creed and His Little Mothers

Creed is 4 months old. He is delightful. He smiles and laughs and babbles. He rolls all over the place. He is 25.5 inches long, and 14 pounds 11 ounces. He is in the 46% on weight, and the 72% for height. He is so special... and SO loved. I haven't ever seen a baby more loved by its siblings than Creed is by his.

Yesterday,  Creed went to his doctor for his 4 month shots. I dread these shots. I hate the shocked shriek of pain that comes out of their tiny lips after the needles are jabbed into their little legs. I hate the confused look in their eyes as you pin their arms down for the nurses.  I always have to fight back tears of my own. This time was slightly different.  As usual, I cringed and turned away-- but this time, in the corner, I saw Kailani and Karen huddled with their eyes shut tight and their fingers plugging their ears. They looked so cute, I had to smile. They were doing exactly what I wish I could do when my children are in pain. Their pain for their baby brother's pain touched my heart.  Creed is so blessed to have the brothers and sisters that he has, and we are so blessed to have him.

1 comment:

Doug and Amanda Bailey said...

So cute! Isn't it wonderful to have your children love each other! When Becca got her 2 year shots, I had all the kids with me. Maren and Emily cried and had to go in the hall and wait until after the shots, they couldn't even watch!