Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Wishing and Hoping and PRAYING (and fasting)!

We're moving... or at least we are hoping that we are! The last week of September, we got an offer on our home. The buyer wanted to close on the 31st of October, which sent us into a bit of a panic to find a home to move into.  We looked at a half a dozen homes, and it was so discouraging.  None of them were better than our home we were leaving behind. Finally, the realtor showed us a home on the other side of town, and we knew immediately that it was the right home for us.  It was $20,000 more than we wanted to spend, but we decided to put an offer on the home anyway-- knowing that it was a long shot.  We were shocked and excited when they accepted our offer.

Immediately, we began to pack. Then, our buyers started having one issue after another. They forgot about needing money for closing costs, then they didn't get their first loan, or their second. Obviously, we were starting to sweat.  We were all heartbroken at the thought of not moving into our lovely house that we had fallen in love with.



The day after we lost our first buyer, we had 4 or 5 people contact us about their interest in our home. It was a miracle! Every time the phone rang, I couldn't believe that it was another person calling about the house.  It was exactly what I needed that day-- a reminder that Heavenly Father is mindful of us, and will take care of us.  We had a contract signed with a new buyer the very next day. 




 
We are supposed to close in the next 2-3 weeks. It has been a crazy month at our home, full of extreme emotional highs and lows.  I hope we never have to buy/sell a home again. Ever!  I think that even though this past month has been stressful, it has been a very faith promoting experience.  There have been so many prayers said on our behalf (thank you!), and many special experiences that remind me just how much Heavenly Father cares for each of us.  I know that no matter what happens, it will be Heavenly Father's will, and what is "best" for my family and me.  So far, things have gone very smoothly with this new buyer. I am hopeful that things will continue to go well, and that by the end of the month, we will be enjoying our lovely new home. 

1 comment:

Chris and Kim said...

So excited for you!!! I hope everything works out. I agree I never want to buy or sell a house again - talk about stress!! I will come see it next summer.