Kyle had a learning fair. He chose to do his report on Amelia Earhart. When Ryan and I went to see him present his report, we were surprised to hear him (in his best female voice) say, "Hello, I'm Amelia Earhart..." Ryan and I instructed him instead to say, "This is Amelia Earhart" (while pointing to his poster). Kyle told us that he couldn't do that because each student was given strict instructions that they were to present as if they were their learning fair character. For the rest of the day, Ryan and I had to laugh every time we thought of our little "Amelia" doing his report. Lucky for us, Amelia Earhart was a bit of a masculine female. I suppose we are lucky he didn't do his report on Marilyn Monroe or Minnie Mouse (both characters featured at the learning fair). Phewww! Dodged that bullet!
Kailani's class preformed "Aesop's Fables". She was the tortoise--you know the one who beats the hare... slow and steady wins the race. She was a great little turtle, and did so good as her super slow run across the stage.
It has been a good school year. My children had wonderful teachers. I am so excited to have my children home for the next three months. Ive been counting down the days! Let the party begin!

No comments:
Post a Comment