*Today Karen came to me with a handful of change ($0.82 to be exact), and asked me if she could pay me to finish cleaning her room. She looked up at me and said in her most persuasive voice, "C'mon Mom... you'll be rich." I said, "Well, I suppose that depends on how messy your room is." I was surprised to see that she was almost done. I don't know what a "good mom" would do in this situation-- but I know a good deal when I see one. I finished straightening her room, she happily paid me, and we both walked away feeling great about our deal.
*Creed had his first haircut. I haven't ever had to give a "first haircut" to a kid this young before-- but he needed one...
| --Before-- |
| --After-- |
* I cleaned out the garage, and found a box of old letters and pictures-- including the WORST picture of me E.V.E.R!!! It was taken at the start of my "awkward phase" (the one I'm still waiting to outgrow). I had been asking my mom to cut my bangs for way too long -- I think I would have even settled for a "Lloyd Christmas"-esque do. On a completely unrelated note, this was taken the year my whole grade started calling me "Leo Lion Bangs". --- Hmmmm? I can't seem to figure that out. Anywhoooo, back to my point. When my kids saw the picture, they all said, "Yikes! Who is that?" I said "That is me." Then I may have told a little fiberooski (which I'm not proud of), and said "That was the style then!"
![]() |
| I make that button sweater look good! |
There were a few more "lovely" pictures in the box... but perhaps I will save those for another day.
*The other day, I snuck into the bathroom to quickly remove the polish that was on my toes. Now, I'm sure you are asking yourself, "Why does she have to sneak to do that?" Well... it is because I have a little girl who makes me give her a mani/pedi everytime she sees me even go near the fingernail polish. And lets face it... just because this Mommy finds 2 seconds to remove her toenail polish, it doesn't always mean she has time to play beauty salon for a half an hour. About a half a second after I had successfully removed my polish, and cleaned up, Karen was knocking on the door. I opened it, and she came in sniffing the air. Sniff sniff, sniff sniff. "Mom, What's going on in here?" I said, "Oh... not too much. I was just going out." She said, (as she looked closely at my naked toenails) "But, Whats that smell?" I said, "I just took off my toenail polish." To which she quickly replied, ... drum roll please ... "Will you paint my toenails?"
*I went to the Lost and Found Sale at BYUI. I was going for a one-of-a-kind hymn book I had seen at Ryan's work a couple weeks before. I went to wait in line an hour early (eye on the prize), but was disappointed to see it had been taken by the time I got into the sale. Later, Ryan surprised me with it!!! He had bought it as his "one item" that the sale employees get to buy. I was so happy.
I wish the picture turned out better. It says "Tom Marvolo Riddle" (if that means nothing to you... Google it!).
* Ryan celebrated a birthday!!! He had a busy day at work, but we managed to go visit him for a little while. He got a few gifts from some of his students. I made him cheesecake. He was so grateful for all of his gifts and every little thing we did for him today. I am sure in love with this boy!
Whooowwweee!!! There are a few of the weeks highlights (and I didn't even mention losing Karen-- twice, or the 3 contractors who came to our house, or even Kailani's bike getting ran over by the neighbor!). No wonder I'm exhausted.




5 comments:
I love this post! So many fun (and funny) things! Izabelle is the same way about nail polish. I'm glad she likes me to paint her nails but sometimes I'd just like to let mine dry for a second first. :-)
Than hymn book is AWESOME! How sweet that Ryan picked it up for you.
I'm glad that Ryan had a happy birthday!
I love this post! :) And for the record...if you think those photos of you are awkward, you definitely need to see my photos from the same age! You will feel much, much better! ;)
Lloyd Christmas comparison picture makes me laugh-- as does your 10th grade school pic. It is a cute pic. but that is funny people thought you were the substitute. Got to love school pics. Sounds like a fun week at your house. Glad you posted all of it.
You always put a smile on my face! Don't worry my pictures look just the same - what were they thinking in the 80's. What is going on with the contractors coming? Stay happy!
First of all, the hair cuts, both yours and Creeds are amazing! Second, I totally remember that 10th grade picture! You were gorgeous then, and now! And...I LOVE the hymn book! That is just great! Such a cute family! You are amazing!
Post a Comment